Re: Views, views, views! (long)

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Views, views, views! (long)
Дата
Re: Views, views, views! (long)  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 05 May 2005 23:45, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > I was starting to think this... like this should be a project on foundry
> > called "enhanced system views" that would be fairly database version
> > independant and people could install into any databases they needed them
> > in.
>
> You mean like:
>
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/newsysviews/

As Jim points out, their current long term goal is to be a replacement for the
current system views (hence *new* system views), and the current project was
created to facilitate development.  What I am thinking is that the project
take on a different goal, mainly that it be an add on that intends to work
along side the current system views and be both backward and forward
compatible (hence *enhanced* system views).  It's a subtle difference.

--
Robert Treat