'kitchen sink' downloads (Was: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement)

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема 'kitchen sink' downloads (Was: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 5 May 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>
>> all released at the same time, and tag'd the same way, and available under
>> the same ftp directory ...
>
> Hmmm.  As licensing permits, I think we should also offer a "kitchen sink"
> download for those who want it. Which a lot of people will.

'k, how do you envision this?  I can do a very simple "export" into the
same directory and tar it all up, but if you are thinking of something
like recreating the existing directory structure, with plphp being in
src/pl/plphp, and that sort of thing, that could be a bit more tricky ...
not from a CVS/packaging perspective, since I've done that before, but
running ./configure at the top level directory won't pick up them up and
configure them, since they are all configured using their own ...

I've seen some projects where configure *calls* configure in sub
directories ... but that becomes a build issue if someone wants to try and
tackle that?

if directory src/pl/php exists, run configure in there with current args?

----