Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 05 May 2005 14:25, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Thu, 5 May 2005, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Can I suggest that we focus on PLs first and foremost, since that will
> >> allow us to get stuff like pl/PHP, pl/Java, pl/J(?), and pl/R in place,
> >> and then ramp up other stuff as time permits?
> >
> > Agreed.
>
> 'k, if there are no disagreements ...

A big reason I wanted plphp in the main souce was because I wanted it to be
part of the core package to help ease installation to be just one download
and one run at configure.  I have marvel at the irony that not only is this
not going to happen, I will actually now have to download additional packages
for things I used to get in the core package.

I guess this is progress, but I foresee a lot of "what version of plfoo did
you try to install against your database" posts coming into the lists.

--
Robert Treat