Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> But packaging them as separately buildable tarballs that depend only
> on the installed core fileset (headers + pgxs) seems a fine idea.

I really can't see doing this without a better (i.e. CPAN / emerge / ports -
like ) build system.    Mind you, I'd really like such a build system, but if
we require users to manually download several separate tarballs and untar
them in exactly the right spot in the source tree, we're adding a bunch of
extra effort for both users and packagers.

Improving the download/build/install process needs to be part of "pushing out"
any core stuff.   Of course, if we can make improvements, that could also
lead to having an "all drivers" tarball that would build easily, and
packaging other add-ons for easy build, which would be cool.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement