Re: Kernel Resources and max_connections

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Kernel Resources and max_connections
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 01:46:34PM +1200, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> (This not-very-clear distinction between what is sysctl'abe and what is
> a kernel tunable is a bit of a downer).

I think this is documented somewhere, though I can't think of where
right now.

Also, note that some sysctl's can only be set in /boot/loader.conf.
hw.ata.wc=0 is an example (which you want to set on any box with IDE
drives if you want fsync to actually do what it thinks it's doing).