Re: plpythonu and dollar quoting

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: plpythonu and dollar quoting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 02:46:04PM -0700, CSN wrote:

> Can dollar quoting be used with plpythonu (like with plperl -

Yes, if you're using PostgreSQL 8.0 or later.  Dollar quotes have
nothing to do with the function's language -- they're just another
way to quote a string.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-DOLLAR-QUOTING

> When trying to create a function I get this error:
>
> 'syntax error at or near "$"'

This is the error you'd get if you tried to use dollar quotes in
PostgreSQL 7.4; you'd get a similar error in earlier versions.  What
version are you using?  What does "SELECT version();" show?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/