possible pgadmin bug

От
Тема possible pgadmin bug
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
hi guys, i'm not a pgadmin techie, but i do have some
strange things happening ala pgsql and pgadmin.  i
posted my issues over on the pgsql novice mailing list
and tom lane suggested i post it over here for your
review.

-------------------------------

$assembly = $_POST['product_base'];
$assembly_notes = $_POST['assembly_notes'];

$db = &ADONewConnection('postgres');
$db -> Connect($db_string,$db_owner,$db_pw,$db_name);

$assembly_notes_insert_id = $db->getone("select
nextval('t_assembly_notes_assembly_notes_id_seq')");

$sql = "INSERT INTO t_assembly_notes
(assembly_notes_id, assembly_notes,
assembly_notes_entry_date) VALUES (" .
$assembly_notes_insert_id . ", " .
$db->qstr($assembly_notes) . ", " .
$db->DBDate(time()) . ")";

$result_notes = $db->Execute($sql);

//insert ids into link table

$id = $assembly_notes_insert_id;

if (isset($_POST['product_base']) and
is_array($_POST['product_base']))
{
foreach($_POST['product_base'] as $V)
{
echo "Value: $V<br>\n";

$query = "INSERT INTO
t_link_product_base_assembly_notes " .
"(product_number, assembly_notes_id) " .
"VALUES (" . $db->qstr($id) . ", " . $db->qstr($V) .
")";

$result_link = $db->Execute($query);
}
}

-----------

everything works fine except for my foreign keys.

this code checks to see whether my assembly_notes_id
is in my product table and checks whether my
product_number is in my assembly_notes table - the
opposite of what i want to happen.

in pgadmin3 i have my link table's assembly_note_id
referencing the assembly_note_id in the assembly_notes
table.

i have my link table's product_number referencing the
product_number in the product table.

i'm at a loss b/c i don't understand this behavior.

----------

i'v created a foreign key in pgadmin 3.

i have a link table that links to product_number and
assembly notes.  the reason for the link table is so i
can allow one note to be attached to more than one
product_number.

i created a foreign key in pgadmin 3 bwteen the
product_number in the link table and product_number in
my product table.

when i go to the pgadmin 3 constraints folder, open
this foreign key and click on the columns tab, it
shows conflicting information.

Local says "product_number"
Referenced says "product_number"

so far, so good.

Toward the bottom of the small window, "Referencing"
says ".......pg dropped 1......." in the
drop down menu.  i previously had to drop my first
created column.

when i first set it up, i made sure to choose
�product_number from the drop down menu, but it
defaults back to ".......pg dropped 1......."

i've deleted and re-done this several times with the
same results.

i'm not sure if this is related to my problem, but too
much information is better than not enough
information.

tia...

i have the table and the code available if anyone
thinks some portion of this problem may be pgadmin bug
related.  please let me know at
operationsengineer1@yahoo.com.

thanks.