Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement

От: Bruce Momjian
Тема: Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-advocacy

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Robert Treat, )
     Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: Increased company involvement  (Thomas Hallgren, )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Hannu Krosing, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Increased company involvement  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
 Re: Increased company involvement  ("Andy Astor", )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Andrew Dunstan, )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Robert Treat, )
    Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
     Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Mitch Pirtle, )
      Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
      [OT] Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Tom Copeland, )
       Re: [OT] Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Russell Smith, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Marc G. Fournier", )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Kris Jurka, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Chris Travers, )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Kris Jurka, )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Robert Treat, )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Christopher Browne, )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Christopher Browne, )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (David Fetter, )
  Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Robert Treat, )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Marc G. Fournier", )
 Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  ("Nicolai Petri (lists)", )
 Re: [OT] Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement  (Mitch Pirtle, )

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> I've deliberately let the dust settle slightly on this.
>
> One thing that might help is a more open sponsorship "clearing house".
> Example (not meant as a bid, but just to illustrate): the JDBC driver
> needs a scanner overhaul - it breaks on dollar quoting and a bunch of
> other stuff. I could do that work (as could others, of course) but I
> don't have time, unless someone buys some of my professional time.
> Someone might want to do just that, but how would they find me?
>
> Regarding the secret code stuff - I predict that it will quickly bite
> whoever does it, unless they are extremely lucky.

Let me add that we really do want these companies to succeed.

For me, it is all a matter of meeting the company's expectations.  If a
company wants to add a closed-source feature to PostgreSQL, that's fine,
but if they work on a features and eventually want it integrated into
the main code, I don't want that to fail and have them be disappointed.
The same goes for duplicated effort --- if they don't wnat it to happen,
I want to help them prevent it.

                 |  (610) 359-1001

В списке pgsql-advocacy по дате сообщения:

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement