Re: Coming from Oracle SQL

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Coming from Oracle SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
[Please copy the mailing list on replies so others can contribute
to and learn from discussions.]

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:31:35AM -0600, Veronica L Bounmixay wrote:

> Thank you so much for responding.  I did dig around until I was able to
> find pg_tables but I must be extremely stupid.  I'm using 8.0.2 and I
> noticed that my download includes the docs - how the heck do I get to
> them?  I'm just using the psql interactive terminal.

If the doc is a bunch of HTML files then you can view them with a
browser, either by serving them via a web server or by using a file
URL.  For example, if the files are under /path/to/files then you
could view the doc with file:///path/to/files/index.html.

> Also, what did you mean by "if you're using psql?"  Is there any other?  I
> really would like to find that out.  I know I'm stupid on that part!

psql is the standard client but third-party clients exist.  Some
people, for example, like pgAdmin III.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/