Re: Updated FSM display for VACUUM VERBOSE

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Updated FSM display for VACUUM VERBOSE
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
pgman wrote:
>     INFO:  free space map: 49 relations with free space, maximum of 1000 relations trackable
>     INFO:  17266 pages stored, 18000 pages used (with overhead)
>     INFO:  18768 pages required to store all freespace, maximum of 18000 pages allocatable (171 kB)
>     NOTICE:  the number of page slots needed (18768) exceeds max_fsm_pages (18000)
>     HINT:  Consider increasing the configuration parameter "max_fsm_relations"
>     to a value over 18768.
>
> I find this output cleaner and easier to understand.  The "pages used"
> value will match either the "required" or "maximum" value on the line
> below.

The "pages used" sentence above is wrong, and it seems the computation
is wrong too.  I just connected to another database, created, inserted,
and deleted rows from a table and see:

    INFO:  free space map: 50 relations with free space, maximum of 1000
    relations trackable
    INFO:  17266 pages stored, 18016 pages used (with overhead)
    INFO:  18784 pages required to store all freespace, maximum of 18000
    pages allocatable (171 kB)
    NOTICE:  the number of page slots needed (18784) exceeds max_fsm_pages
    (18000)
    HINT:  Consider increasing the configuration parameter "max_fsm_relations"
    to a value over 18784.

The 'pages used' is greater than 18000, which isn't possible.  Seems I
have more work to do.