Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >     o  patents are bad
> >     o  software patents are bad
>
> We are specifically talking about software patents. I think that should
> be the only realm we address.
>

> > The bottom line is that for permanent content, you are going to have to
> > get super-majority agreement on all these issues in your statement, or
> > keep it narrow enough so you can get such a majority.
>
> So far only one person has said no (Neil). That is fairly clear to me.

What about Dave Page and me.  I have seen perhaps 6 yes and 3 no.  That
isn't enough, I think.

> > (Everytime I email about patents I am careful because I suspect my words
> > might be used against me some day in court, so I do try to avoid the
> > subject in public discourse if possible.)
>
> Well I have no such concern. Software patents are stupid. There only
> purpose is to generate protective revenue for corporations against the
> inspiring minds of others.

This is the simplistic approach I want to avoid.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [webmaster] Opening links in new windows is irritating
Сообщение: Re: [webmaster] Opening links in new windows is irritating