Re: Table modifications with dependent views - best

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Table modifications with dependent views - best
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 11:34:29 +0100,
  David Roussel <pgsql-general@diroussel.xsmail.com> wrote:

> > I usually put DDL statements in a transaction, for a couple of
> > reasons: so that a mistake doesn't leave me with half-done work
> > (any error will cause the entire transaction to roll back), and to
> > make the changes atomic for the benefit of other transactions.
>
> Can you do that in postgres?  Will it really make the DDL atomic?

I wasn't able to find where this is spelled out in the documentation,
but I believe all DDL commands except DROP DATABASE can be rolled back now.
For older versions of Postgres there were more DDL statements that were not
transaction safe.