Re: Interval support for Postgres

От Oliver Siegmar
Тема Re: Interval support for Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Thursday 21 April 2005 21:43, Kris Jurka wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Oliver Siegmar wrote:
> > >
> > > You cannot use regex code in this class because it must compile with
> > > 1.2 and 1.3 JDKs.
> >
> > Can it be placed in the JDBC3 package, then? This requires JDK 1.4
> > anyway, right?
>
> It could, but I'd be against it.  Having a different PGInterval behavior
> for JDBC2 and JDBC3 builds would be rather odd.  While regex may be
> convenient here it certainly isn't essential.  If you want to get this in
> I'd recommend rewriting to do the parsing manually.

Well, actually there is almost no implementation at all. Parsing strings in
Java in 2005 is a royal pain in the ass - doing that for 0.x% users suck even
more.

Let's assume I'd write a JDBC2 version with old-school string parsing - would
you apply it to upstream, or are there any other show stoppers?

Oliver

Сообщение: Re: Interval support for Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Interval support for Postgres