Re: How to improve postgres performace

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: How to improve postgres performace
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 11:36:01AM -0300, Rodrigo Moreno wrote:
> I really worried about that, because it's no enough anymore, and users claim
> about performace. But running the vacuumdb full, everthing starts to run
> better again, so i think the problem is not related to a specific query.

Vacuum full will skew your results, unless you plan on running vacuum
full all the time. This is because you will always have some amount of
dead tuples in a table that has any update or delete activity. A regular
vacuum doesn't remove these tuples, it just marks them as available. So
over time, depending on how frequently a table is vacuumed, it will
settle down to a steady-state size that is greater than it's size after
a vacuum full.