Re: Query about SQL in PostgreSQL

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Query about SQL in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 11:59:58AM +0200, KÖPFERL Robert wrote:
> Postgres has the weird behavour to compare identifies case sensitive BUT to
> downcast any non-quoted identifier inside an SQL statement.
> So it is reccomended to just use lower case (for readability)

Or never double-quote identifiers.  I sort of don't believe exactly
the original poster's report, however, because the error message
wasn't right no matter what.  I'd like to see a real session
transcript.  Also, this probably belongs on -general.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Information security isn't a technological problem.  It's an economics
problem.    --Bruce Schneier

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: