RES: RES: How to improve postgres performace

От Rodrigo Moreno
Тема RES: RES: How to improve postgres performace
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> That max_fsm_pages value is enough to cover 8Gb, so it should work OK for
a database disk footprint up to 10 or so Gb.  > I don't know how many tables
in your installation so I can't say if max_fsm_relations is high enough, but
you can check >that by looking at the tail end of the output of VACUUM
VERBOSE.  (Or just count 'em ;-))

The last count in vacuum verbose shows me 92 relations, and I know the lower
value for max_fsm_relations is enough, maybe I'll change to 500.

> Offhand these look reasonable, though, so if you are seeing database bloat
over time it probably means you need to tweak > your autovacuum settings.
I'm not much of an autovacuum expert, but maybe someone else can help you
there.

I'll let the autovacuum running this week to see what happen.

> You might want to keep track of physical file sizes over a period of time
and try to determine exactly where the bloat > is happening.

There is two mostly used and bigger tables, I'll keep eyes on both tables.

Thanks
Rodrigo Moreno

От: Steve Poe
Сообщение: Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
От: Alex Turner
Сообщение: Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?