От: Jim C. Nasby
Тема: Re: Compressing WAL
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Compressing WAL  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
 Re: Compressing WAL  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: Compressing WAL  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
  Re: Compressing WAL  (Simon Riggs, )
   Re: Compressing WAL  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: Compressing WAL  ("Qingqing Zhou", )

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 09:12:41PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have never heard anyone talk about it, but it seems useful.  I think
> compressing the page images written on first page modification since
> checkpoint would be a big win.

Could you clarify that? Maybe I'm being naive, but it seems like you
could just put a compression routine between the log writer and the
filesystem.

> Is this a TODO?

ISTM it's at least worth hacking something together and doing some
performance testing...
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant