Re: Update aborted if trigger function fails?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Update aborted if trigger function fails?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 10:55:30AM -0400, Carlos Moreno wrote:

> I guess the concern came up as result of a particular
> situation, in which failing to properly process the
> trigger function is not that crucial (I wanted to
> update some additional information that is "optional",
> and that can be reconstructed easily after discovering
> that the trigger function had been failing).  But in

If you can do some things asynchronously, and you don't care about
them very much, then you can use LISTEN/NOTIFY to do such processing.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Information security isn't a technological problem.  It's an economics
problem.    --Bruce Schneier

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Update aborted if trigger function fails?
Сообщение: Re: Update aborted if trigger function fails?