Re: Functionscan estimates

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Functionscan estimates
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 03:15:50PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> I'm wondering if it might be useful to be able to add estimated selectivity to
> a function definition for purposes of query estimation.  Currently function
> scans automatically return a flat default 1000 estimated rows.   It seems
> like the DBA ought to be able to ALTER FUNCTION and give it a row estimate
> for planning purposes.

About a month ago I mentioned that I'd find that useful.  In a
followup, Christopher Kings-Lynne brought up the idea of a GUC
variable that could give hints about the expected row count.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-03/msg00146.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-03/msg00153.php

--
Michael Fuhr