Re: plpgsql question - simple I would have thought

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: plpgsql question - simple I would have thought
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 02:52:20PM -0700, Walker, Jed S wrote:

> \echo raise notice attempt
> begin
>   raise notice 'hello';
> end;
>
> \echo select into attempt
> declare
>   i_int integer;
> begin
>  select count(1) into i_int from vrnsys_version;
> end;

PL/pgSQL is for writing user-defined functions, so you need some
CREATE FUNCTION statements.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/plpgsql.html

> Welcome to psql 7.3.2, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

That version is pretty old -- if you must use 7.3 then at least
consider upgrading to 7.3.9.  See the Release Notes for a summary
of bug fixes and other changes:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/release.html

If you're not committed to using 7.3 then you might want to check
out 8.0.2 when it's released (which should be Real Soon Now).

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/