Re: HEAD \df doesn't show functions with no arguments

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: HEAD \df doesn't show functions with no arguments
Дата
Re: HEAD \df doesn't show functions with no arguments  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> We could fix it by changing <> to IS DISTINCT FROM ... but I've never
> >> been very happy with the idea that \df tries to suppress I/O functions
> >> anyway.  How do you feel about removing the cstring test altogether?
>
> > I like the cstring test.  I don't think users want to see functions they
> > can't call from SQL, and they will ask about them if we show them.
>
> What makes you think you can't call 'em from SQL?
>
> regression=# select int4in('345');
>  int4in
> --------
>     345
> (1 row)

Yes, I guess I mean does it make sense to call them from SQL?  Their
purpose is for internal use, no?

Pennsylvania19073

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: HEAD \df doesn't show functions with no arguments
Сообщение: Re: HEAD \df doesn't show functions with no arguments