Re: Version information in docs

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Version information in docs
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 05:52:30PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> > Something else that comes to mind... going back to older versions of the
> > manual wouldn't be nearly as tedeous if there were links to older
> > versions somewhere on the pages. Maybe at every section header?
>
> The good thing about our current setup is that all changes are
> centralized in the release notes.

I don't see how my suggestion would necessarily change that. But if
you're trying to figure out when a feature was introduced sifting
through a bunch of release notes seems as bad as sifting through old
versions of the manuals. Or maybe even worse; at least with the manuals
you know what section to look in.