Re: Table partition for very large table

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Table partition for very large table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 11:32:04AM -0600, Yudie Gunawan wrote:

> I have table with more than 4 millions records and when I do select
> query it gives me "out of memory" error.

What's the query and how are you issuing it?  Where are you seeing
the error?  This could be a client problem: the client might be
trying to fetch all rows before doing anything with them, thereby
exhausting all memory.  If that's the case then a cursor might be
useful.

> Does postgres has feature like table partition to handle table with
> very large records.

Let's identify the problem before guessing how to fix it.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/