Re: Tablespaces and indexes

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Tablespaces and indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 19:46:41 -0600,

> Related question:  Once I switch the 8.0.1 system over to be the production,
> can I reverse the direction and restore .dmp files on the 7.4.5 system or
> are the tablespace terms in the dump files going to cause problems?

The 8.0.1 dumps will probably use some features that can't be used by
7.4. So you will likely need to pass the 8.0.1 dumps through a preprocessor
before reloading. Note that you can use the 8.0.1 dump program against
a 7.4 server and check for what kinds of problems there will be before
you update to 8.0.1.