Re: Linux Filesystem for PG

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Linux Filesystem for PG
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 12:29:13AM -0600, Joseph M. Day wrote:

> Can anyone recemmend a filesystem to use for Postgres. I currently have
> one table that has 80 mil rows, and will take roughly 8GB of space
> without indexing. Obviously EXT3 will die for a file size this large.

From the "Database Physical Storage" chapter in the 8.0 documentation:

  When a table or index exceeds 1Gb, it is divided into gigabyte-sized
  segments.  The first segment's file name is the same as the
  filenode; subsequent segments are named filenode.1, filenode.2,
  etc.  This arrangement avoids problems on platforms that have
  file size limitations.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/storage.html

--
Michael Fuhr