Problems building PostgreSQL 8.01 under Mandrake 10.1

От Marco Aurélio Carvalho
Тема Problems building PostgreSQL 8.01 under Mandrake 10.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi folks, I am building PostgreSQL 8.01 on a Linux Mandrake 10.1 machine.

The commands:

configure
gmake
gmake install

operates without errors

The problem is with:

gmake check

67 of 96 tests fail !!
The erros are caused by the postmaster not responding error messages to the
tests where error messages are expected.

Is there a package missing? Is there any particular configuration in my
session that is causing the error messages not been issued? (since the tests
are made under my account provileges).

I have a similar machine at my office (but with kernel smp) that works fine.

Thanks
--
Marco Aurélio