Re: Pgsql 8.0 on Win32 Production env.

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Pgsql 8.0 on Win32 Production env.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have been using the win32 version of PG 8.0 on a windows 2003 server since
sept 2004 and it's for a  financial daily pricing application using apache
2.5x.

I have a Delphi win32 app that the users use to update the database with data
from a spreadsheet, the app then updates the tables used for the daily
pricing web CGI and this happens twice per day. The web page is then hit all
day long pulling the info from the PG tables.

I ported the app from  MS SQL server 7 and I can tell you it runs just as good
if not better.

We even ran this whole thing on the early win32 beta's from Aug 04 and never
had one hicup.

Very impressive is you ask me(PG 8.x).

later,

Tony

On Thursday 24 March 2005 10:31 am, fabrizio ravazzini wrote:
> Hello all, I have to build a web application and for
> this  I have to use one of my client's Windows32
> server or workstation.
> Is postgresql 8.0 native suitable for a production
> environment?
> Thanks for any advice.
> Fabri

> Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto più divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam,
> Giochi, Rubrica… Scaricalo ora! http://it.messenger.yahoo.it

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Сообщение: Re: 8.0.1 in a non-standard location and tsearch2
Сообщение: Re: 8.0.1 in a non-standard location and tsearch2