Re: Good Books

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Good Books
Дата
Список pgsql-general
postgresql@bryden.co.za wrote:
> I am new to PostgreSQL and find that the standard documentation is
> very thin.

It's about 1200 pages, which is thicker than any other book you will
find.

Certainly, some books cover specific topics in more depth or different
style, but you need to decide which topics you would be interested in.

> I would like to buy a more comprehensive book.

I think that is impossible.  You can get more specialized or in-depth
books, but not more comprehensive ones.

> All the
> available books seem very out of date!!! Firstly, does it matter if I
> buy a book that was published in Feb 2003? Will such a book be
> hopelessly out of date?

That, too, depends on the topic.

--
Peter Eisentraut