Another help needed on Window client

От Vernon
Тема Another help needed on Window client
Дата
Re: Another help needed on Window client  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Here is my situation:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0>runas /user:user01
cmd.exe
Enter the password for user01:
Attempting to start cmd.exe as user "<D..>\user01" ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A new command prompt window is popup. In the new
command prompt window, I have the following:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\PROGRA~1\PostgreSQL\8.0>bin\psql template1
Password:
psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
"user01"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here I type into the same password as in the previous
command and that is the password used during the
installation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\PROGRA~1\PostgreSQL\8.0>bin\createdb mydb
Password:
createdb: could not connect to database template1:
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
"user01"

I have tried to find out any document on the subject
(that is the Window client) without success. I am
wondering whether a file contains the readable
authentication information or not.

Thanks,

Vernon