Re: What about utility to calculate planner cost constants?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: What about utility to calculate planner cost constants?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thomas,

> If by not practical you mean, "no one has implemented a multivariable
> testing approach," I'll agree with you. But multivariable testing is
> definitely a valid statistical approach to solving just such problems.

Well, not practical as in:  "would take either $10 million in equipment or
10,000 hours or both"

--Josh

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?
Сообщение: Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?