Re: WIN1252 patch broke my database

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: WIN1252 patch broke my database
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > You can't just randomly rearrange the pg_enc enum without forcing
> > an initdb, because the numeric values of the encodings appear in
> > system catalogs (eg pg_conversion).
>
> Oh, those numbers appear in the catalogs?  I didn't relealize that.
>
> I will force an initdb.

You shouldn't insert encodings in the middle, because those numbers are
exposed to clients.  We've had troubles with that before.  If you add
an encoding, append it as the last one (before the client encodings in
this case).  This would probably also eliminate the need for the
initdb.

--
Peter Eisentraut