Re: WIN1252 patch broke my database

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: WIN1252 patch broke my database
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Woodward wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> You can't just randomly rearrange the pg_enc enum without forcing an
> >> initdb, because the numeric values of the encodings appear in system
> >> catalogs (eg pg_conversion).
> >
> > Oh, those numbers appear in the catalogs?  I didn't relealize that.
> >
> > I will force an initdb.
> >
> Doesn't that also force the end-user to initdb with an upgrade?

Yes, 8.1 will require a dump/reload for upgrade.  I think we decided
that was going to be necessary.

That has aleady happened for 8.1:
date: 2005/02/28 03:45:21;  author: neilc;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2Implement max() and min() aggregates for array
types.Patch from KojuIijima, reviewed by Neil Conway. Catalog version number bumped,regression tests updated.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: WIN1252 patch broke my database
Сообщение: Re: WIN1252 patch broke my database