BUG #1546: Temp table isn't deleted at the end of a transaction / ON COMMIT DROP has no effect

От Oliver Siegmar
Тема BUG #1546: Temp table isn't deleted at the end of a transaction / ON COMMIT DROP has no effect
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1546
Logged by:          Oliver Siegmar
Email address:      o.siegmar@vitrado.de
PostgreSQL version: 7.4.7 / 8.0.1
Operating system:   Linux x86
ON COMMIT DROP has no effect
Details:

Hello,

I've probably found a temp table bug in PostgreSQL (tested with 7.4.7 and
8.0.1 on Linux x86).

Here's a demonstration of the bug:

CREATE FUNCTION testfunction()
RETURNS void
AS '
    BEGIN
        CREATE TEMP TABLE testtable (field int4) ON COMMIT DROP;

        INSERT INTO testtable (field) VALUES (1);

        -- DROP TABLE testtable;

        RETURN;
    END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

database=# SELECT testfunction();

 testfunction
--------------

(1 row)

database=# SELECT testfunction();
ERROR:  relation with OID 29308882 does not exist
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "INSERT INTO testtable (field) VALUES (1)"
PL/pgSQL function "testfunction" line 4 at SQL statement

No transaction has been started manually.

If I drop the temporary testtable manually within the PL/pgSQL function,
everything runs fine. Bug or feature? ;-)

Cheers,
Oliver