Re: Acccessing individual array elements form plpgsql

От Celia McInnis
Тема Re: Acccessing individual array elements form plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
AHAH!!! Thanks Tom! I had only tried the printing to figure out why a
complicated query command which I was generating was ending up as NULL, and
being a newbie, thought that there was something wrong with my array usage
rather than that RAISE NOTICE just couldn't deal with an indexed variable. I'm
now writing the array elements to scalar variables before printing them out.

Is there some better way to print out debugging info from a stored procedure?

Celia

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:46:49 -0500, Tom Lane wrote
> "Celia McInnis" <celia@drmath.ca> writes:
> > but how do I access members of this array individually??? I'd love it if
> > direction[1] would pull out the 2nd or 1st element so that I could use it in
> > the selects which my procedure is forming, but I get syntax errors when I try
> > to reference the array element in such a way. For example:
>
> >  RAISE NOTICE '%',direction[1];
> >  ERROR:  syntax error at or near "[" at character ####
>
> The RAISE statement is pretty limited: it won't take a general
> expression as an argument, only a bare variable name.  But you
> should be able to subscript direction in other contexts.  If you
> really need to put out a notice using this value, assign it to a
> temporary variable ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: Acccessing individual array elements form plpgsql
Сообщение: Re: Acccessing individual array elements form plpgsql