Re: Replication suggestions (weak multi-master)

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Replication suggestions (weak multi-master)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 11:41:11AM +0100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> I'm impressed by Slony and I could probably make it do what I want with
> enough trickery. But again the need to be able to connect from any
> server to any other. To put it in Slony terms, the origin never needs
> to move. If the machine is down, nothing needs to be updated.
>
> I'm considering starting with dbmirror and simply writing a script to
> make it do what I want. But I'm asking in case someone has a simple
> solution I've overlooked.

My suspicion that the log shipping support in Slony 1 (HEAD right
now) or the approach outlined at OSCON last year (anonymous file
shipping based on dbmirror -- mighty cool) is something closeish to
what you'll need.

--
Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary

Сообщение: Re: Best practices: Handling Daylight-saving time
Сообщение: Re: Best practices: Handling Daylight-saving time