Bug Report : Missing WM_NAME Property for X11

От Igor TAmara
Тема Bug Report : Missing WM_NAME Property for X11
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Symptoms :
When I use ''xprop WM_CLASS'' on a window of pgadmin3 it returns

WM_CLASS(STRING) = "frame", "frame"

Problem :
Some Window Managers aren't able to manage properly the application,
an explanation about why it is useful on ICCM[1]

1.http://tronche.com/gui/x/icccm/sec-4.html#WM_CLASS

Suggestion :
It would be better if the WM_CLASS where set, so it would be more usable
on other wms like Ion.

[2] explains how to set it for applications on X11.

2.http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/ICC/client-to-window-manager/wm-class.html#XClassHint

Distro used:
I'm using Debian sid, and I also tried the snapshot at[3] with the same
results.
3.http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/debian/dists/unstable/pgadmin/binary-i386/

Language :
Spanish

By the way, thanks for the excellent work pgadmin is really useful to
me.

If I can offer more information, please let me know, I'm not suscribed
to the list.

--
Gimnasio Fidel Cano
http://www.gfc.edu.co