ECPG - cursor fetch

От Mark Richardson
Тема ECPG - cursor fetch
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I'm doing a port from Sybase's pre-compiler cpre, to ecpg and I have a couple of questions (if anyone has the time).  This relates to cursors and fetching, and what I would like to do is retrieve a bunch of records at one time - cpre is able to fetch values into an array...
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
int myInts[100];
EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;
EXEC SQL DECLARE myCursor FOR SELECT
myInt FROM myTable;

EXEC SQL FETCH myCursor INTO
:myInts;

There is one mechanism that cpre uses to make sure that you don't exceed the array size...
EXEC SQL OPEN myCursor ROW_COUNT=100;
then, every time you do a fetch, it retrives 100 rows.

I'm not asking for this exact thing in ecpg, but what mechanisms are available for a similar type of response, rather than looping the fetch statement a bunch of times?

Also, since I'm in the middle of a port, I'm trying to make the code work for both with a different compile flag - but the pre-compilers don't care about #defines.  Is there some other mecanism to tell ecpg to ignore or skip a section?  I really don't want to have to make a "Pre-pre-compiler".

I thought I would share this - the ecpg pre-compiler is much easier to work with, and it handles things better than cpre when it comes to code generation.  I think it would be much easier to port from ecpg to cpre than what I am doing, because a lot of the non-standard options that are available used/forced in cpre.  So thanks for all the work you guys have done.

Do you Yahoo!?