Re: multi billion row tables: possible or insane?

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: multi billion row tables: possible or insane?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 10:34:29AM +0100, Ramon Bastiaans wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am doing research for a project of mine where I need to store several
> billion values for a monitoring and historical tracking system for a big
> computer system. My currect estimate is that I have to store (somehow)
> around 1 billion values each month (possibly more).

On a side-note, do you need to keep the actual row-level details for
history? http://rrs.decibel.org might be of some use.

Other than that, what others have said. Lots and lots of disks in
RAID10, and opterons (though I would choose opterons not for memory size
but because of memory *bandwidth*).