invalid header page in block ....

От PostgreSQL PostgreSQL
Тема invalid header page in block ....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
I’ve been working with PostgreSQL on Windows for
almost a year. But when I put it in production to the
customer it has had the following error after a power
cut:

“invalid page header in block aaa of relation “bbb”. “

in which aaa is a block number and bbb is a table.
Trying to find out what the problem could be, I could
only realized that it breaks the file corresponding to
the table leaving it in a format that cannot be read
again.
I wasn’t able to reproduce the error in any PC of the
company. At the beginning I thought it could be a
problem from the Cygwin, but I tried the native
version for Windows and the mistake goes on.
I would like to know if it is something related to
PostgreSQL configuration or a mistake.
I’m working with Windows 2000 or Windows XP (and both
get the same problem). I go to the database through
ADO, and I use Delphi as programming language. The
PostgreSQL version is version 8 beta 2 for Windows.
Besides, none of the database where the error appears
is over 300MB.

Thanks, and I look forward to receiving your answer as
soon as possible.

                                 Expósito, Sergio
                                 (Sistem Engineer)
                                Ábaco Informática S.A.