Re: Please help

От Kumar S
Тема Re: Please help
Дата
Re: Please help  (Sean Davis <sdavis2@mail.nih.gov>)
Список pgsql-novice
Hi Sean,
I tried a SELECT statement in INSERT Statement.

INSERT into xx(aa,aa,my_FK) values(bb,bb,

(SELECT my_fk
from my_chip_table
where chip_description ~'U133A'
)
);

The problem with this procedure is:

 genechip_id
-------------
           4
           5
(2 rows)

I am getting two chips:

4 | Human Genome U133A 2.0 Array |Homo sapiens
5 | Human Genome U133A Array  | Homo sapiens

U133A has also a Ver.2.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kumar