Re: AutoCommit and DDL

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: AutoCommit and DDL
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 02:56:52PM -0600, Don Drake wrote:

> I turned AutoCommit on and re-ran the perl script and the tables get
> created.  Why won't these table's get created when AutoCommit is off?
> Why do I have to commit DDL?

If you're using DBI, are you using PrintError or RaiseError or
otherwise checking the success of each command?  My first guess
would be that some command is failing (e.g., a DROP of an object
that doesn't exist), so the transaction is automatically rolled
back even though you requested a commit.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: