Re: stats collector appears to be dying

От Shelby Cain
Тема Re: stats collector appears to be dying
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- "Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@zeut.net> wrote:

> Windows firewall perhaps?

I double checked to make sure it was disabled.
Regardless, if a firewall were preventing the
connection from occuring I'm fairly certain the error
would be something other than "target machine actively
refused" which implies trying to connect() to a port
that is open but doesn't have a listen socket bound to
it.

Anyway, the first line in my log mentioning the stats
collector process is the following:

"2005-02-23 14:59:17 FATAL:  could not read from
statistics collector pipe: No such file or directory"

I suspect that is the critical clue as to what might
be happening on this box.    This is a default
installation with a few deviations from the supplied
default config.  Any other ideas?

Regards,

Shelby Cain