Re: sigint psql

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: sigint psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
John DeSoi wrote:
> Hi Magnus,
>
> On Feb 21, 2005, at 3:00 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > There is no way so signal *psql*, as in the client side process. The
> > signal emulation only runs in the server.
> >

> But is there some equivalent of pressing ctrl-C to make psql stop what
> it is doing? For example, through the pipe stream I may execute a \i
> command and the user wants to stop before the file is processed. What
> mechanism is used to do this on win32? I thought it could be
> accomplished on Unix with kill -2, hence my original question. But
> maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Win32 doesn't have the granularity to do special signal numbers like we
do on Unix, so we have to map control-C to call a special libpq function
that communicates with the postmaster/backend to cancel the query.  No
way an outside process can do that.

Your only solution would be to hack psql to accept a signal somehow to
call that libpq function, and hack your client to send that signal to
psql somehow.

Pennsylvania19073