Re: Triggers, again.. ;-)

От Net Virtual Mailing Lists
Тема Re: Triggers, again.. ;-)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>Greg wrote:
> > is "DROP TRIGGER" transaction safe?... I mean, could I do:
> >
> > BEGIN
> > DROP TRIGGER category_mv_ut;
> > ... insert rows
> > ... update materialized view table
> > CREATE TRIGGER category_mv_ut AFTER UPDATE ON items
> >   FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE update_ut();
> > COMMIT;
> >
> > .. without other sessions being affected?
>
>This is exactly what I do to avoid matview bulk-update performance issues.
>
>--Phil.

Hello,

Are there any issues I should know about with this method?....  Will
other transactions be able to take place during this?... Any blocking
issues?..... I've never attempted anything like this and it seems sort-of
scary to me (at the very least, applying an awfully big hammer to the
problem).

Thanks for your help!

- Greg