Re: Patch for disaster recovery

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Patch for disaster recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 09:43:11 -0500,
  Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> We regularly have people on IRC who delete data and then want to recover
> it.  By having the define it makes it easier for us to help them without
> them having to add actual C code.
>
> Does that make sense?

You aren't going to get a consistant snapshot if you get back all of the
deleted rows. With autovacuum it is going to get harder to do this, because
accidentally making large changes in a table is going to trigger a vacuum.
It seems like the right way to do this is a recovery using the PITR
system and putting effort into making that easier is the way to go.

Сообщение: Re: Patch for disaster recovery
Сообщение: Re: Patch for disaster recovery