Re: quoting internal variable names

От Ron Peterson
Тема Re: quoting internal variable names
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 05:30:25PM -0500, Ron Peterson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use PostgreSQL's internal variables to simplify some shell
> scripting database setup stuff.  Single quotes appear to behave
> differently in diffent contexts.

I decided to just do the proper quoting within the value contained by
the variable, and that works fine.

If I'm not mistaken, in my example below, the single quote behaviour for
ENCODING is in fact correct (:v_encoding should be read as a string
literal), and whatever is going on for WITH PASSWORD is incorrect.  Is
that right?

Not a big deal, I have things working, I'd just like to know if I'm
mixed up about something here.

Best.

--
Ron Peterson