Re: Client lib v. 7.3 to access 8.0 db server. Compatible

От Frank Finner
Тема Re: Client lib v. 7.3 to access 8.0 db server. Compatible
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I upgraded PostgreSQL from 7.3 via 7.4 to 8.0.1 and always used the same
self compiled PHP module (well, of course I did some upgrading of PHP
during that time, but never in relation to PostgreSQL releases and not
between PostgreSQL releases 7.4.5 and 8.0.1), and everything worked and
still works fine, so I don__t think that a recompilation or upgrade of
PHP is necessary. Maybe you have to rewrite some queries, though.

I am still using SuSE 8.2 with self compiled Apache and self compiled
PHP on that machine.

But IMHO you should check it first, e.g. build a database server on a
spare machine with PG 8 and try to access it from your Webserver, before
you go into production.

Regards, Frank

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:02:45 -0500 "Reuben D. Budiardja"
<techlist@voyager.phys.utk.edu> thought long, then sat down and wrote:

> Hello,
> I mainly use PHP to access my database. The PHP in the server is
> compiled with  postgreSQL client lib v. 7.3. I am planning to upgrade
> my database server (on  other machine) to version 8.0. Do I need to
> recompile PHP to use 8.0 client,  or is it compatible ? I would rather
> not recompile my PHP, since it's  actually ship with the linux distro
> I'm using (RHEL 3).
>
> Thanks in advance for any info.
>
> RDB.
> --
> Reuben D. Budiardja
> Dept. Physics and Astronomy
> University of Tennesse, Knoxville, TN
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore
> your desire to choose an index scan if your

Frank Finner

Invenius - Lösungen mit Linux
Köpfchenstraße 36
57072 Siegen
Telefon: 0271 231 8606    Mail: frank.finner@invenius.de
Telefax: 0271 231 8608    Web:  http://www.invenius.de
Key fingerprint = 90DF FF40 582E 6D6B BADF  6E6A A74E 67E4 E788 2651

Вложения