Re: Killing process through of a function

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Killing process through of a function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 10:05:25AM -0200, alexandre::aldeia digital wrote:

> IBM DB2 have functions that allow the DBA to disconnect some clients.
> This is very usefull for database maintenance without giving a shell to him.

As I mentioned, you could write a function in C, PL/Perl, etc.,
that sends a signal to a client's backend process, but I think
there's concern about how robust that is, which is why it hasn't
become a standard function.  See the following message and the
messages it references:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-02/msg00426.php

--
Michael Fuhr