Re: Help with seq numbers...

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Help with seq numbers...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 15:12:56 -0600,
  Cristian Prieto <cristian@clickdiario.com> wrote:

> And it is working fine, but when I get a Unique_Violation (cuz there is a iduser already) the sequence still advance
tothe next value. There is any way to rollback or avoid holes in the sequence? I've read the manual and it says that
nextvaland currval could not be rolled back, that means that there is no way to avoid that trouble?

Why do you want to do this? If you really must have consecutive values, you
need to take a different approach. If you just need unique values, then
don't worry about gaps.