Re: pg_dump warnings

От Vittorio De Martino
Тема Re: pg_dump warnings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alle 11:57, lunedì 14 febbraio 2005, Richard Huxton ha scritto:
> v.demartino2@virgilio.it wrote:
> > Context:Postgresql 7.4.6 under linux gentoo
> >
> > To move a postgres DB from a FreeBSD box to al linux box I pg_dumped the
> > archive from the FreeBSD box and pg_restored into the linux box: Now
> > when I pg_dump the archive I get the following warnings for every table
> > in the archive:
> > pg_dump: WARNING: owner of table "atecu91" appears to be invalid
> > pg_dump: WARNING: owner of table "letture24btdom" appears to be invalid
>
> Who owns tables "atecu91" and "letture24btdom" on the FreeBSD box?
> (tip: "\dt atecu91" will show this in psql)
>
> Does this user exist on the Linux box?
> ("SELECT * FROM pg_user")

Unfortunately, having only one server, I dumped the db from FreeBSD into the
office LAN via SAMBA then I compiled linux gentoo on the same server
eliminating FreeBSD. Finally I restored the db from the SAMBA share into the
new linux box.
Therefore, what I now see is that  \dt atecu91 gives no owner.

How could I set the owner for the tables?

Ciao
Vittorio